Nas gave a rare radio interview to Tim Westwood during his trip to London. He talked mostly about Distant Relatives, his upcoming solo album, and his personal struggles. As far as his new album, Nas says that Dr. Dre, Alchemist, Primo, Kanye, and RZA are some of the producers that have shown interest in producing it.
Some of the things nas said in this interview:
1. "Kanye hit me up and said 'I wanna produce your album.'"
2. "I heard Kanye's album and it's crazy. The new album is crazy."
3. "I've been listening to Drake. I've been inspired by Drake."
4. "Drake says my whole name, Nasir Jones, so thank you very much."
5. "I gotta deliver right now."
6. "I just wanted to get a little paper, get a Benz, get out of the game and go to school or something."
7. "The game won't let me go."
8. "I still think marriage is a beautiful thing. You gotta be strong to weather the ups and downs."
9. "Yo bro, you scary, I'm getting scared!"
10. "I'm looking at my solo project as one of the most important record of my life."
The Infamous Queens-HipHop.com Rating System
Monday, August 2, 2010
(Video) @Nas Interview on Tim Westwood [Full Video]
"Nuclear Winter represents many things. It represents dark times in our lives, it represents the state of NY hip hop & how I feel about it, & it represents my blueprint on how I think the music should be done going forward into the future. This is my manifesto to all the people that doubted me & the kryptonite to all selfishness. It's a journey from darkness into light, & from bondage & the huge amounts of weight on our shoulders to breaking free and regaining our freedom. Nuclear Winter we're coming to take shine....." - Willie Maze
The Generals consist of emcees Willie Maze & Dime.
Released 17 July 2012 Art & Direction: Willie Maze
For Booking & Info Contact: Williemaze@gmail.com
All Songs Recorded & Mixed by SPKilla Muzik
Cover Artwork: Miami Kaos